Senior Bioinformatics Scientist
Biofidelity’s mission is to improve and extend cancer patients’ lives by enabling better targeting of therapies, early detection of treatment resistance, and routine monitoring of treatment response. Our unique technology has been designed to allow rapid, broad adoption of our assays in testing labs around the world, enabling a step change in patient care.
Biofidelity has developed a revolutionary molecular diagnostic assay, enabling the rapid, ultra-sensitive detection of target DNA sequences with a transformational simplification of workflows.
Using just four steps and standard laboratory instrumentation, our assays can detect as little as a single molecule of mutated DNA against the background of billions of healthy molecules present in a typical patient sample, enabling straightforward detection of clinically actionable genetic markers at the earliest possible stage.
Supporting both the R&D and Assay Development teams, you will play a pivotal role in all aspects of our product development pipeline, from concept and development to clinical validation and product launch. Key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Development and implementation of biostatistical techniques for analysis and reporting of assay results
- Analysis and interpretation of genomic data sets using existing and customised techniques
- Development of novel methodologies for the design and analysis of oligonucleotide probes
- Development of new analytical solutions for clinical validation data sets
With a strong background in computational biology and the motivation to take responsibility for many aspects of biostatistics in a fast paced and rapidly growing company, you will have experience in at least some of the following areas:
- Scientific programming (proficiency in one or more of R, Python etc.)
- Development and application of statistical techniques to biological problems
- Cancer genomics and next generation sequence data analysis
- Novel algorithm development
- Software development in a regulatory environment, including software management and quality assurance
We offer the chance to join a rapidly growing team working on meaningful technologies with the potential for substantial real-world impact, coupled with an excellent working environment, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package including private medical cover, company share option scheme and 26 days per year holiday allowance.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.