Scientific Software Developer
Biofidelity’s mission is to improve and extend patients’ lives by enabling broad access to the highest precision diagnostics. Our unique technology has been designed to allow rapid, broad adoption of our assays in testing labs around the world, providing a step change in patient care.
Biofidelity has developed a revolutionary molecular diagnostic assay, enabling the rapid, ultra-sensitive detection of genetic targets with a transformational simplification of workflows.
Using standard laboratory instrumentation, our assays can detect as little as a single molecule of mutated nucleic acid against the background of billions of healthy molecules present in a typical patient sample, enabling straightforward detection of clinically actionable genetic markers at the earliest possible stage.
Supporting both the R&D and Assay Development teams, you will play a pivotal role in all aspects of our technology and product pipelines, from concept and development to clinical validation and product launch. Key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Development of tools for scientific data analysis and visualisation
- Development of automated assay analysis and reporting pipelines
- Implementation of biostatistical techniques for analysis of assay results
- Analysis and interpretation of genomic data sets using existing and customised techniques
- Development of analytical solutions for clinical validation data sets
With a strong background in scientific software development and the motivation to take responsibility for development and data visualisation in a fast paced and rapidly growing company, you will have at least 3 years background in commercial software development as well as experience in at least some of the following:
- Proficiency in one or more of C#, C++, Python, R
- Development and application of statistical techniques for biological problems
- Data reporting and visualisation
- Novel algorithm development
- Software development in a regulated environment, including software management and quality assurance
An understanding of bioinformatics and genomics is advantageous but not a requirement.
We offer the chance to join a rapidly growing team working on meaningful technologies with the potential for substantial real-world impact, coupled with an excellent working environment, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package including private medical cover, company share option scheme and 26 days per year holiday allowance.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.