Biofidelity’s mission is to improve and extend patients’ lives by enabling broad access to the highest precision diagnostics. Our unique technology has been designed to allow rapid, broad adoption of our assays in testing labs around the world, providing a step change in patient care.
Biofidelity has developed a revolutionary molecular diagnostic assay, enabling the rapid, ultra-sensitive detection of genetic targets with a transformational simplification of workflows.
Using standard laboratory instrumentation, our assays can detect as little as a single molecule of mutated nucleic acid against the background of billions of healthy molecules present in a typical patient sample, enabling straightforward detection of clinically actionable genetic markers at the earliest possible stage.
Biofidelity is expanding its technical team and relocating to new facilities. We are seeking an experienced laboratory manager to help develop and maintain our facilities and capabilities and to work alongside our scientific development team to ensure efficient, smooth operations and to assist in the development of our core technologies.
As Laboratory Manager your duties will include:
- Organisation, running and maintenance of our laboratory facilities
- Managing and ensuring adherence to H&S procedures
- Assisting in the writing and maintenance of SOPs & RAs
- Performing laboratory and H&S inductions for new staff members
- Carrying out scientific development work and data analysis
- Maintaining laboratory consumable inventories & negotiating supply agreements with key suppliers
- Ensuring all equipment is correctly maintained
The ideal candidate would have the following experience and expertise:
- Degree level qualification in molecular biology/biochemistry or a related discipline
- Previous experience in a Laboratory Manager role
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Experience in managing Health & Safety in a laboratory environment
- Experience in working in a quality assured environment
We offer the chance to join a rapidly growing team working on meaningful technologies with the potential for substantial real-world impact, coupled with an excellent working environment, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package including private medical cover, company share option scheme and 26 days holiday allowance.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.